NACA promotes summer travel with DHS/TSA
NACA President and CEO George Novak participated in a press conference to promote summer travel organized by the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration on May 25.
“To the traveling public … welcome back … it has felt like a long time coming,” Novak said. “As we have during the pandemic, we’re continuing our work to ensure the safest and most secure travel experience possible in close consultation with our partners at the CDC, TSA, DHS, and FAA.”
Novak also highlighted the significant uptick in disruptive passengers onboard aircraft and issued a stern warning regarding the FAA’s policy:
The FAA and the industry have instituted a “zero-tolerance” policy in prosecuting any individual that does not follow flight crew instructions or becomes physically abusive. We support the FAA 100% in this effort. Our flight crews are there for the safety and security of everyone on the aircraft. They are protecting you, your families and your fellow passengers. We must all show them the proper respect and understanding as we resume traveling.
Read the full text of Novak’s remarks as prepared for delivery here.
Read TSA’s Press Release here.
Speakers at the event included:
- Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security
- Darby LaJoye, Senior Official Performing the Duties of the TSA Administrator
- Nick Calio, Airlines for America
- Kevin Burke, Airports Council International – North America
- Joel Bacon, American Association of Airport Executives
- George Novak, National Air Carrier Association
- Roger Dow, U.S. Travel Association