In response to the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee approving the Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act (H.R. 3935), National Air Carrier Association President and CEO George Novak issued the following statement:
The National Air Carrier Association strongly supports the “Securing Growth and Robust Leadership in American Aviation Act” (H.R. 3935), approved by the House Transportation and Infrastructure today with overwhelming bipartisan support. We commend Chairman Sam Graves, Ranking Member Rick Larsen, and their staffs, for working collaboratively on the five-year FAA reauthorization and addressing the top priorities of NACA’s 21 U.S. airline members:
- addressing the shortage of commercial airline pilots,
- holding the line on the federal aviation tax burden,
- bolstering air traffic controller staffing levels,
- modernizing the air traffic control system, and
- including a wide-range of reforms to ensure that the United States, and the FAA, remain the world’s gold standard in aviation safety.
We look forward to working with the Committee leaders and their staff as this important legislation advances in Congress.